Fall has arrived (don't you just love this time of year? I sure do!)
With it comes the 2016 edition of QuickBooks Pro, Premier and Enterprise.
Pardon me for saying so, but this release is quite underwhelming to me in terms of new functionality (versus fixes that are being disguised as "new features"), especially in the Enterprise edition.
So many opportunities exist for making great functional improvements within the desktop versions of QuickBooks (pop-up alerts within transactions and ability to see on-time deliveries anyone?). Sadly, so many have been missed.
SO WHAT'S NEW?
Download your free copy of my guide that discusses the new features in QuickBooks Pro, Premier and Enterprise 2016, It also covers what you may have missed in previous versions of QuickBooks.
In my guide, you'll see mention of the following:
- Bill Tracker - great new feature, similar to the Income Tracker introduced in earlier versions (all versions)
- Auto copy ship to address on purchase orders - a time saver for some (Premier and Enterprise only)
- Verify and rebuild process improvements - we now have the ability to see additional details to try and solve problems when your QuickBooks data file develops problems. (all versions)
- Fiscal year to last month filter - new addition to the date drop down box on QB reports (all versions)
- Filter for custom fields in reports - while it is nice that this now works, this is a "fix" disguised as a new feature as I see it (all versions)
- Sort columns on receive payment screen - I can't help but wonder why this was built into only the Enterprise edition? It would be extremely helpful in ALL versions. So sorry Pro and Premier users.
- Simplified upgrade process - ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (sorry, dozed off there). There are so many other areas that could have been targeted for improvement. The prior upgrade process wasn't really hard to begin with, was it? (all versions)
You'll see references to a few other "new" features in the 2016 lineup in the guide. To me, they aren't really worth mentioning here, but maybe you will feel differently.
Important tech note - QuickBooks 2016 will NOT run on Windows XP. It will run on Windows 7, 8, and 10! And only QuickBooks 2015 and 2016 will run on Windows 10.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES FOR YOU
WILL YOU BE UPGRADING?
Curious to know your thoughts about upgrading your QuickBooks. Will you? Won't you? If you're reading this on the web, drop your comments in the box below. If you're reading this in your e-mail, click the "View in Browser" link at the top and you can easily get to the web version of this article and post your comments there too.