The new 2009 Accountants Edition of QuickBooks is just around the corner (available from my web site on 9/29/08).
Here is a brief overview of the new features and functionality built into the 2009 Accountants Edition of QuickBooks (Premier and Enterprise) to help you work more efficiently with your client QuickBooks files:
Client Data Review
Save hours of time with new clean-up tools. Check for a wide variety of errors and make corrections easily within your clients' QuickBooks files.
- From a single screen review and fix client errors in:
- Account balances
- QuickBooks lists, such as chart of accounts and payroll items
- Open items in A/P and A/R
- Unlock the "Client Data Review" feature from your clients' 2009 QuickBooks files
- A new log-in gives you the ability to track the changes you make versus the current client/administrator
Based on feedback from many accounting professionals, we've made many improvements to the Accountant's Copy that will save you time:
- Improved import process
- Mapping accounts to fields in the 1099 form
- Ability to modify and merge classes
- Reconciliation now possible after the dividing date
Bank Reconciliation. Save more time as you reconcile clients' bank accounts, thanks to new data sorting capabilities. Now in the Bank Reconciliation window you can sort by:
- Check number
- Payee and other column headings
Save hours of data entry and reduce errors by securely downloading banking, credit card, and credit union transactions directly into QuickBooks.
- Automatic transaction mapping to appropriate QuickBooks accounts
- Mapping defaults are easily customized
- Now, more than 3,000 participating financial institutions
- New wizard simplifies set-up
Premier Accountant Edition now supports all global currencies, making it easier for you to support clients, who conduct business with international customers and vendors.
- Track sales and expenses abroad just as you do for U.S. customers and vendors
- QuickBooks automatically converts foreign transactions into the home currency designated by the user
- Use reports, like "Realized and Unrealized Gains & Losses," to analyze the effect of currency fluctuations on your clients' businesses
- Conveniently process wire transfers and drafts from within QuickBooks
Microsoft Vista Logo Certified - The 2009 product has undergone Microsoft compatibility tests for ease-of-use, better performance and enhanced security. Certified for Windows Vista software and devices, QuickBooks 2009 has the highest level of Vista certification available.
Support for Large Numbers - Supports numbers up to 11 figures from 8 figures
Stay tuned for more details as they become available!
FIND THIS TIP HELPFUL? This is just one nugget of knowledge that Scott Gregory, QuickBooks Expert can bring to your business. Contact Scott today and put a game plan in place to help your business boost your QuickBooks knowledge and your bottom line.