Even though the "manufacturing and wholesale edition" of QuickBooks has been around for a number of years, many businesses need more functionality than it offers.
Exact Online add-on software for QuickBooks.
TWO FLAVORS TO BE EXACT
Exact Online is a cloud-based solution that is offered via two different packages:
Within each of these editions, there is a regular and an advanced version.
When I say that it is a cloud-based solution, I mean that your business does not have to worry about installing the software or keeping servers and IT staff in place to run it. You simply log into a web site from wherever you are and have 24/7 access to your information.
MORE FUNCTIONALITY FOR MANUFACTURERS
The manufacturing edition of Exact Online brings a number of different features and functionality not found in the manufacturing edition of QuickBooks, including:
- A fully integrated CRM module that allows you to track leads and opportunities and turn them into active customers quickly and easily
- A very robust dashboard that allows instant visibility into critical areas such as: shop capacity, top 10 orders in process, value of shop orders for next 6 weeks and more.
- Detailed "shop order card" that provides instant access to: routings, purchase and issuance of materials, purchase of subcontract items, time entry and more
- Of course, there is full integration with QuickBooks as well (desktop and online edition) so you avoid double data entry - always a good thing!
In the weeks ahead, I'll be posting insights about the advanced functionality for distribution businesses as well.
MINIMAL UP FRONT INVESTMENT
Unlike the traditional "boxed software" that is installed locally and is purchased in one lump sum, Exact Online uses the pay-as-you-go model. You simply pay a base monthly fee for access to the software and then a small per-user charge each month.
For businesses that don't like to get locked into long-term contracts, Exact Online is definitely an option to consider.
In addition, you don't have to worry about the "upgrade cycle" for your software - you're logging into the most current version each business day.
WANT MORE INFORMATION ON EXACT ONLINE?
As a certified partner, I am here to help you get the information you need.
Contact me if you are looking for a more advanced solution for your manufacturing business than you currently have with QuickBooks.
Watch this blog for more posts and detailed insights about Exact Online software for QuickBooks...
- QuickBooks for manufacturers - more free tips and insights
- Advanced Inventory for QuickBooks - 12 critical things you must know