Even though you don't see a "sales comparison" type of report in QuickBooks, it is pretty easy to compare sales by customer from this year to last year.
- Click Reports > Sales > Sales by Customer Summary
- Change the date of the report to the desired time period (i.e. This Fiscal Year, etc.)
- Click the Customize/Modify Report button in the upper left hand corner of the report
- On the Display tab, add check marks to the "Previous Year" (and $ change/% change if desired) options, then click OK.
You'll then see your report that compares this years sales by customer against last years, with the ability to add dollar and percentage changes as well! Sample screen shot below:
Remember, if you need further filtering or analysis of this information, you can easily export it to Excel and use the toolkit there too.
ADDITIONAL REPORTS OF INTEREST:
- Shortcut to the accounting behind any transaction in QuickBooks
- The income and expense graph in QuickBooks