QuickBooks makes it a snap to take information you have recorded in an estimate/quote and move it to a sales order form.
Here's how to do it...
- Locate and open the estimate that needs to be converted to a sales order (and congratulations on getting the order by the way!)
- Look for the "Create" button at the top of the screen, and the little black triangle just to the right of it (screen shot below):
- Choose Sales Order from the list (if you don't see all these options in your QuickBooks, it means either you are using an older version, or you are using QuickBooks Pro which does not support sales orders)
- From there, you will see that the entire estimate/quote has been copied into the sales order form. Now, you will be able to add/modify/delete within the sales order as needed to take care of your customer. NOTE: The original estimate does not change if you make changes to the sales order form.
That's all there is to it!
So you know - there is no way to convert multiple estimates/quotes into sales orders at one time - they will need to be done on an individual basis.
- Understanding sales orders and how they work in QuickBooks
- Save 20% on your QuickBooks upgrade to get sales order functionality (sales orders are found in the Premier and Enterprise editions of QuickBooks)