QuickBooks provides a number of reports that help summarize the time your employees or subcontractors have entered. Whether the time is entered via the QuickBooks timesheet, built-in timer, or outside timetracking software that integrates with QuickBooks, you have access to these reports (access them by clicking Reports > Jobs, Time and Mileage):
- Time by Job Summary - each customer/job is listed alphabetically, and then each item used to track time is summarized directly below it. Example report below:
- Time by Job Detail - takes the information in the Time by Job Summary report and "explodes" it into a detailed view.
- Time by Name - instead of sorting the information by job, QuickBooks displays the time by name and the details of the customers/jobs they have worked on.
- Time by Item - this report is listed by the item used, and then shows the names below it as you can see in the example below:
The Premier Contractor and Professional services editions of QuickBooks also provide the following reports:
- Billed/Unbilled Hours by Person
- Billed/Unbilled Hours by Person and Job
- Billed/Unbilled Hours by Person and Activity/Item
- ClickTime - time and expense tracking software that integrates with QuickBooks
- Will QuickBooks show estimates vs. actuals for my jobs?