Did you know that the Premier and Enterprise editions of QuickBooks have the capability to create full business plans? (sorry Pro users - you'd need to upgrade your QuickBooks to get this functionality)
They do indeed! You just need to know how to access the built-in business plan tool.
ACCESS IS EASY
Click Company > Planning and Budgeting > Use Business Plan Tool to activate this module within QuickBooks.
You will then see a screen that looks like this:
Once inside the business plan tool, you have the ability to:
- Edit and update information about your company
- Enter projected income information - you can even pull this information from your current QuickBooks file if you like
- Enter projected expense details - you can also import this from QuickBooks if you like
- Complete a short interview that provides additional background information
- Compile, edit and finalize all the components of your completed business plan
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!
In addition to the above, the QuickBooks Business Plan Tool also provides the ability to print a number of reports, including:
- Income and expense projections for up to 5 years
- Profit and Loss report
- Balance sheet report
- Cash planning report
If you prefer to see the pictures instead of the numbers, you also have the ability to generate a number of graphs, including:
- Income and expense projections
- Income and expense by category and more
Need help making sense out of all the numbers? Be sure to click the Contact Scott button below - I have over 25 years of experience in small business finance that can be put to work for you!