So you've read through the information about QuickBooks 2010, and are considering the decision to move out of QuickBooks Pro and into one of their more advanced versions, either Premier or Enterprise.
However, you might be holding back because you think it may be one more technology hassle your business doesn't need to deal with.
Good news - making the move out of Pro into Premier or Enterprise is very easy to do. After all, Intuit loves it when you stay in the QuickBooks family of products.
I've put together a chart that will help you understand your options in transferring your existing QuickBooks data:
Note: When I mention Premier, I am also referring to the Manufacturing and Wholesale, Contractor, Non-Profit, Retail and Professional Services editions of Premier as well.
- Moving from Pro to Premier: No problem. Data transfers easily.
- Moving from Pro to Enterprise: No problem. Data transfers easily.
- Moving from Premier to Enterprise: No problem. Data transfers easily.
Along the same lines, if you have decided to downsize into a lower cost version of QuickBooks, here is what you need to know:
- Moving from Premier to Pro: No problem. Data transfers easily.
- Moving from Enterprise to Premier: PROBLEM - will require the assistance of the QuickBooks data services team.
- Moving from Enterprise to Pro: PROBLEM - will require the assistance of the QuickBooks data services team.
In addition, if you are currently using the Online Edition of QuickBooks, you can also move your data into Pro, Premier or Enterprise. However, you will need to enlist the help of the Online data transition team for this process. This is a one-time transfer out of the Online Edition and into Pro, Premier or Enterprise.
In very rare cases, even if the chart above indicates there should be no problem moving, a problem may arise. That indicates there is a "structural problem" with your QuickBooks data file that needs to be ironed out before the move can be completed. Most often, using the verify and rebuild utilities within QuickBooks can resolve that headache.
- The Differences Between QuickBooks Pro, Premier and Enterprise
- 3 Reasons Why QuickBooks Enterprise May be a Wise Choice for Your Business
Need help with QuickBooks?
Contact Scott before you do something bad to your QuickBooks, like take a hammer to it...