Why waste time searching the paper filing cabinets for copies of important customer information or copies of vendor invoices? Simply attach them directly into QuickBooks using SmartVault software.
SmartVault is an "add-on" product that works with QuickBooks, and allows you to:
- Attach copies of customer drawings, contracts and other documents directly to their account in QuickBooks.
- Attach copies of customer purchase orders, terms and conditions and other documents directly to their estimate, sales order or invoice in QuickBooks.
- Attach copies of vendor invoices and other documents directly to bills and checks in QuickBooks.
- Attach copies of employee W-4 and other tax forms directly into QuickBooks, even if you are NOT using QuickBooks for payroll processing.
A very simple process gets the documents from your hands into QuickBooks. Using the SmartVault Inbox, you can either scan the document into QuickBooks or attach an existing document:
You then enter the transaction (check, invoice, sales order, etc.) as normal into QuickBooks, and then choose to attach the document(s) you have saved in your in-box directly to that transaction, customer, vendor, etc.
SmartVault also provides:
- The capability to backup your data to a secure, offsite data center (chances are, you aren't doing this critical step with your current backups!)
- The ability to share your QuickBooks data and documents with your CPA to streamline the month-end, quarter-end, or year-end process with them significantly!
SmartVault is not software you purchase via a CD. Rather, it is known as "software as a service", which allows you to spend less time on the technology and more time on the business. There are three pricing levels of the SmartVault service:
- Free Plan - 1 user account, storage of 50 documents, and 50MB of backup storage space.
- Standard Plan - 1 user account, storage of up to 1000 documents, and 1 GB of backup storage space.
- Team Plan - 5 user accounts, storage of up to 5,000 documents, and 5 GB of backup storage space.
I set up SmartVault in my QuickBooks consulting business in less than 10 minutes. It's that easy.